- Deaths have been reported in children less than 2 years of age who were taking carbinoxamine-containing drug products. Do not give Karbinal ER to children younger than 2 years of age.
- Caution patients to avoid engaging in hazardous tasks requiring mental alertness and motor coordination, such as driving or operating machinery.
- Use with caution in patients with increased intraocular pressure, narrow angle glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stenosing peptic ulcer, symptomatic prostatic hypertrophy, bladder neck obstruction, or pyloroduodenal obstruction.
- Karbinal ER contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite which may cause anaphylaxis and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in susceptible individuals.
Give Your Patients the Next Level of Symptomatic Relief with Karbinal™ ER
Karbinal™ ER (carbinoxamine maleate) is an H1 receptor antagonist indicated for the symptomatic treatment of:
- Seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
- Vasomotor rhinitis.
- Allergic conjunctivitis due to inhalant allergens and foods.
- Mild, uncomplicated allergic skin manifestations of urticaria and angioedema.
- As therapy for anaphylactic reactions adjunctive to epinephrine and other standard measures after the acute manifestations have been controlled.
- Amelioration of the severity of allergic reactions to blood or plasma.
Karbinal™ ER (carbinoxamine maleate) Extended-release Oral Suspension provides symptomatic relief of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis in children as young as 2 years old.