- Deaths have been reported in children less than 2 years of age who were taking carbinoxamine-containing drug products. Do not give Karbinal ER to children younger than 2 years of age.
- Caution patients to avoid engaging in hazardous tasks requiring mental alertness and motor coordination, such as driving or operating machinery.
- Use with caution in patients with increased intraocular pressure, narrow angle glaucoma, hyperthyroidism, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stenosing peptic ulcer, symptomatic prostatic hypertrophy, bladder neck obstruction, or pyloroduodenal obstruction.
- Karbinal ER contains sodium metabisulfite, a sulfite which may cause anaphylaxis and life-threatening or less severe asthmatic episodes in susceptible individuals.
- Pleasant strawberry-banana flavor
- Provides long-lasting symptom relief for up to 12 hours for children as young as 2 years1
- Can be taken with or without food1
Total daily dose for 2-11 years is 0.2-0.4 mg/kg/day administered in 2 divided doses given every 12 hours1
- Start with lower doses and increase as needed and tolerated.
- Measure Karbinal ER with an accurate milliliter measuring device. A household teaspoon is not an accurate measuring device and could lead to over dosage. A pharmacist can provide an appropriate measuring device and can provide instructions for measuring the correct dose.
- Maximum recommended dosage per age group is as follows: 2 to 3 years -- 5 mL (4mg) Q 12 hours; 4 to 5 years -- 10 mL (8 mg) Q 12 hours; 6 to 11 years -- 15 mL (12 mg) Q 12 hours. Maximum total daily dose of Karbinal ER is 32mg given in 2 divided doses Q 12 hours regardless of body weight.
- Karbinal™ (Prescribing Information). Aytu BioScience, Inc. Englewood, CO